Post-workout sweets cravings? We picked up this all-natural, whole foods, superdelicious snack recipe from Emily Skye, one of our favorite trainers! It uses natural maple for sweetness, almonds and peanut butter for protein, and cacao to give it that chocolaty, magnesium-packed kick that’s great for recovery (the BCAAs in peanut butter will help with that, too!).
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cacao or pure cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup natural, organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Process the dry ingredients together in a food processor until fine and crumbly.
- Add the maple syrup and peanut butter until a sticky dough is formed. You may need to add a little cold water until the right consistency is achieved.
- Roll into balls and store in the freezer until needed (defrost for 10 to 15 minutes before serving).
- North American
- 15 balls
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving