We’re not saying Chris Appleton invented the snatched ponytail, but he certainly did tweak it, elevate it, and change the high-pony game forever. We’d even venture to say he perfected it.
Chances are you’ve seen Appleton’s work on the likes of Kim Kardashian West, Jennifer Lopez, and of course high-ponytail queen Ariana
Davidson Grande. On this episode of No Filter, Appleton turns four ELLE editors into their own version of Ariana Grande. Thanks to a few bungee chord hair ties, Color Wow products, and extensions from Glam Seamless, four different hair textures get the snatched-pony treatment.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
Appleton also gave us his top five tips and tricks for the perfect snatch. You’ll have to watch the video above to see the rest of his pony secrets.
Chris Appleton’s Top Tips
1. Follow your cheekbones up to wear the ponytail should sit on your head.
2. Bungee hook ponytails are your best friend!
3. A toothbrush with product can be used to tame flyaways.
4. Layer the extensions in your hair to make sure they don’t show when the hair is lifted in the ponytail.
5. Wrap a small piece of hair to the finished ponytail for a professional finish.
Shop the products Appleton used below!