These Millionaire Bars are rich in sweetness and loaded with mood-boosting antioxidants to keep you feeling like a million bucks, via PaleoHacks.
If you love Twix bars, you’re going to love these super-rich Millionaire Bars with a decadent chocolate layer, sweet caramel center, and irresistible shortbread crust! To keep things Paleo, we switched out the usual ingredients with gluten-free and dairy-free swaps like blended dates and coconut flour!
These no-bake bars are a breeze to make, and are an easy way to kick sugar cravings to the curb! The coconut layer slightly resembles the texture of shortbread and is lightly sweetened with maple syrup to help balance out the coconut.
To begin, start with the coconut layer as the base. Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, and coconut flour in a large bowl, and transfer onto a prepared baking pan. Spread the mixture into a smooth layer and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
The next layer is the caramel, which is made with dates, maple syrup, and creamy cashew butter. Blend these ingredients together until smooth and reserve as your second layer. Note: If your dates are a bit older, they may be more stubborn when you blend them. Add a bit more maple syrup to get them to loosen up in the blender until the consistency is smooth. When the coconut layer is completely set, pour the caramel layer on top and spread into an even second layer. Then place back into the refrigerator for another 15 minutes to set.
For the last layer, melt coconut milk and dark chocolate in a double boiler and cool to room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Note: Make sure to let the chocolate layer cool before pouring over the caramel layer to ensure all three layers stay separate! When the caramel is completely set and the chocolate is finally cooled, pour over the second layer and smooth it out once more. Put it in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes and serve when done!
Enjoy your Millionaire Bars as a dessert or snack, and bring plenty to share, because these irresistible beauties will have everyone drooling for more!
- For the coconut layer:
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For the caramel layer:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. cashew butter
- For the chocolate layer:
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- Line a 9×5” baking pan with parchment paper, layering a piece of plastic wrap over it in the opposite direction.
- For the coconut layer: In a mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, and coconut flour.
- Transfer to the baking pan and spread into a smooth layer. Place in the refrigerator to set for 15 minutes.
- For the caramel layer: While it sets, prepare the caramel layer by blending the dates, maple syrup, and nut butter together in a blender. After the coconut layer has set, spread the caramel mixture on top. Place in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- For the chocolate layer: Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and milk in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat. Let the chocolate come to room temperature before spreading over the caramel layer. (Note: Make sure the chocolate is cool before spreading. If it’s not, it’ll run through the caramel layer.) Set for another 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Lift from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into 12 bars and serve.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 12 bars
- Cook Time
- 1 hour