Kimberly Snyder, clinical nutritionist and author of The Beauty Detox Solution, says a plant-based diet is optimal for clear skin, renewed energy, and weight loss. We asked Kimberly what one food she recommends for weight loss and why, and she suggested her signature recipe for the Glowing Green Smoothie.
Kimberly explains all the benefits of her Glowing Green Smoothie and why it is a big hit among her clients:
“In one delicious drink, we get the fuel to not only lose weight, but rejuvenate our skin, fight aging, and increase our energy. It’s so easy, it’s so simple, and it has worked for all my clients, from Hollywood stars to busy moms and schoolteachers.
I often work as the nutritionist on different movie sets, and this amazing thing happens when I do: I start making the Glowing Green Smoothie, and the next thing you know, you look around, and all the actors and directors and producers are drinking it every day, because they love the way it makes them feel.”
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks organic celery
- 1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
- Optional: 1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems OK) and 1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems OK)
- Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth.
- Add spinach, celery, apple, and pear, and blend at high speed.
- Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals from your body).
- Finish with banana and lemon.
- Drinks, Smoothies
- 3 16-ounce servings
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Leta Shy